The Train is a movie on the true life story of Evangelist Mike Bamiloye. Evangelist Mike Bamiloye is an Evangelist, Founder and President of Mount Zion Drama Ministry and Mount Zion Television (A Chirstain Faith Ministry).
The Train gives a detailed account of the life of the great Evangelist who regardless of the circumstances surrounding his background chose to life a purposeful and meaningful life.
The Train began with showing us how the Evangelist’s mother died when he was at the age of 4. His only sibling and sister had to go to school leaving him to the care of neighbor’s. As a child with such background, he got involved in so much evil vices, such as stealing, lying as his greatest weakness then was covetousness.
Right from childhood, his mother already knew he was a great child who has a special destiny to fulfill. But seeing how he got into one trouble or other as a child, one would almost doubt if he would ever amount to anything great in life.
But he experienced a great turn around at a point in his life
A time came when he gave his life to Jesus Christ and turned a new leaf. He then began to really live a meaningful and purposeful life. But alongside, all these didn’t come so easy, but his life’s journey tells so much lessons that you and I can learn from.
And hence, this post isn’t about doing a review on the movie, but sharing great life lessons that I learned watching the movie.
Lessons From The Movie- The Train
- God has a definite plan for everyone
- It doesn’t matter where you are right now, God’s hand and plan is able to locate you
- Do not ever condemn anyone, and don’t ever think that the preaching and prayers made for sinners is non- effective. These are seeds being sown and in the right time, will germinate and produce a good harvest
- You need to be surrounded with people who will encourage you and help bring out the talent that God has given to you, even when you don’t yet see it yourself
- Knowing that God has a plan for your life is not enough, you must allow him equip you for the assignment
- It is only a yielded vessel God can use
- God cannot be mocked, no matter how much you can deceive man. God sees and knows our standing in him
- The events of our lives are divinely orchestrated by God
- To stay in God’s will and fulfil his purpose for your life, you need to let go of your own personal ambitions, desires and cling to the demands he lays on you
- In life, you need wise and godly counsel to encourage you in fulfilling your assignment
- People would often not understand what you have been called to do. It is first for you to hear from God and obey his call. Later on, they will understand
- God never makes mistakes, he is intentional about our lives
- There comes a time in your life when you will have to leave all and follow the assignment that God has called you to do. And by the way, you may not know what the future holds, but you must learn to trust and obey him
- At a point in your journey, you will need to let go of some relationships. Not because they are bad people in themselves, but because they cannot continue with you to where God is taking you
- The faith journey doesn’t promise to give us everything we want or desire. It takes us through a path of trusting God like to receive his best
- What it takes to do God’s assignment is: Yieldnessness and Obedience
- Sometimes, the way God gives us assignments is by placing a burden in our heart to see his kingdom established on earth
- Stop looking around for information, go to God for revelation
- In the place of prayers, God will give you clear cut answers and instructions on the assignment he has called you to do
- God’s work requires discipline
- You must be a person of Prayers to fulfil your God given assignment
- Your spouse is a great factor in helping you fulfil your God given assignment
- When you as a parent uphold a godly heritage, practising the faith, and following the way of the lord, it is most likely your children will follow suit
- Sometime, it takes proofs for people to be able to believe in you and in your assignment. When they do not yet believe, don’t feel offended at them, just keep doing what God has called you to do
- If you walk with the Lord on a Faith Journey, there is no telling to how great you can become
I trust that this post has inspired you so much on your personal Faith Journey with God.
This is process through which God takes us to fulfil our assignment on earth. Remember, there will be times when you will not understand, times of pain and great frustration. It is all part of Faith Journey. Do not drop the plough, go back to God in fellowship, pick up the assignment God has given you, and build according to the pattern he reveals to you.
To watch the movie on you tube, click on this link